The capital of Greece, with a history of more than 2,500 years and birthplace of democracy, is a destination not to be missed! In addition to world famous sites, Athens also offers, around its historical centre, interesting and charming places representative of the contemporary city that will enchant you.
The excursion takes place in the afternoon and evening, allowing you to fully enjoy the city, avoiding the mid-day rush hours and crowds. Before the excursion you will have a short brief in our office about our schedule. An escort from Elysium Travel will accompany you throughout the visit, and offer you any assistance you may require.
Plan of the excursion
Departure from Marathon: 13h45 Return to Marathon: 23h15
[Departure from and return to another point: to be arranged upon request, with potential extra charges]
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Marathon or from a selected meeting point in Athens
- Tour around the city centre by bus with brief stop for photos in the Academy of Athens
- Visit Constitution Square and watch the changing of guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Guided visit to the Acropolis
- Walk through the neighbourhood of Anafiotika
- Walk through the neighbourhood of Plaka
- Free time for walk and shopping (optional)
- Dinner at a tavern in Plaka
- Short stop at the Hadrian's Gate and the Panathenaic Stadium
- Drop-off at your accommodation in Marathon or the original departure point in Athens
Small adjustments to the programme are possible to fit-in your personal preferences.
PRICE: from 92€
Children 4-12 years old: 65€
Infants up to 4 years old: 20€
Included in the price are
RECOMMENDED TO TAKE WITH YOU
A hat to protect you from the sun